Bringhurst Primary School is a small rural school that is fortunate to benefit from amazing pupils, highly skilled and dedicated staff and a beautiful setting on the Leicestershire and Northamptonshire borders.
We provide a learning journey for children aged from four years to eleven years through seven single year group classes. High expectations and a belief that everyone can achieve ensures children leave our community as established learners, knowing how to be the best they can be.
Our ethos and mission
We want children to grow and learn and dream and leave Bringhurst confident that they will achieve and that they can make a difference in the world. We equip children with the knowledge and skills they need for the next stage in their education but through promotion of our values and a strong focus on PSHE and oracy, we ensure children are prepared for citizenship in a global community.
At Bringhurst Primary School, we embrace the DRET values which are:-
- Courage- Nothing holds us back
- Aspiration- Always aiming high
- Ambition- Being the best we can
- Respect - Always leading by example
We also have the following aims which form a common thread through everything that we do:-
- we are readers
- we know we can make a difference
- we are kind
Our vision is to enable children to
- learn, flourish and be successful as individuals
- be critical thinkers and challenge themselves to deepen and extend their own learning
- understand the wider world and the part they can play in it
- have confidence in themselves and understand that everyone may be different, but we are all equal.
We aim to achieve this by
- having a relentless focus on each child as an individual
- promoting a culture of ambition, achievement and respect
- enabling children to take increasing responsibility for aspects of their own learning, using and applying their skills and working collaboratively
- providing an ambitious curriculum that is sequenced carefully to support children’s learning and understanding
- ensuring pupils set their own high standards, take pride in their work and strive towards continuing improvement.